Aspire. Advance. Achieve.
Our mission is to:
- Stimulate women to achieve full potential in careers as engineers and leaders,
- Expand the image of the engineering profession as a positive force in improving the quality of life,
- and Demonstrate the value of diversity.
Our objectives are to:
- Inform young women, their parents, counselors and the public in general of the qualifications and achievements of women engineers open to them,
- Assist women engineers in readying themselves for a return to active work after temporary retirement,
- Serve as a center of information on women in engineering,
- and Encourage women engineers to attain high levels of educational and professional achievement.
- We provide opportunities for members to develop leadership and management skills to enable them to achieve their maximum potential and further their their ability to attain increasingly important positions of responsibility.
- We provide programs to encourage girls and women to enter engineer and encourage members to attain high levels of achievement in their fields.
- We increase visibility of SWE and its progams to members, the technical community and the general public.
- We develop programs to encourage and sustain increase participation in the fields of science and engineering reflective of our diverse population.
- We increase the Society’s resources for the purpose of supporting high quality programs and services to meet its goals.